Scenes from the Town of Rochester, Massachusetts
Welcome to the official website of the town of Rochester, Massachusetts!
Rochester officials hope that town residents will find this website useful and informative. Viewers will find contact information for various town boards, committees, and officials, as well as printable forms for specific town departments.
Rochester is located in southeastern Massachusetts, bordered by Lakeville and Middleboro on the north, Wareham and Marion on the east, Mattapoisett on the south and Acushnet and Freetown on the west. Rochester is about 19 miles northeast of New Bedford; 50 miles south of Boston; 49 miles east of Providence, Rhode Island; and 227 miles from New York City.
Rochester Town Hall
- Address: Constitution Way, Rochester, MA 02770
- Phone: 508-763-3871
Town Hall Annex
- Address: 37 Marion Road, Rochester, MA 02770
- Phone: 508-763-5421
Hours for Town Hall & Town Hall Annex
- Monday thru Friday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Notes of Interest:
- Town of Rochester - Tax Bill Information
(For FY 2017 Real Estate & Personal Property Tax)
View: Town of Rochester - Tax Bills
Please note error on tax bills: The tax bills say they are due October 4th, but they are actually are due November 7th - (they say 11/7 at the bottom, but 10/4 on the top) - Tax bills are due November 7th.
- Roch. Cultural Council Seeks Funding Proposals
View: Press Release
- View: Rabies Vaccination Program (April 2016) - Information from the Cape Cod Rabies Task Force and USDA/Wildlife Services about rabies vaccine baits that have recently been distributed throughout Rochester and Marion.
- The first ever Rochester Trail Guide contains trail maps, descriptions, photographs and points of interest along the trails of thirteen properties throughout Rochester, MA.
-- View the 'Explore Rochester' Trail Guide !
-- For more information, visit the Conservation Commission site.
- Please note: There is a lock box outside Town Hall for tax payments (checks only) and for census forms.
- Plymouth County Mosquito Control Project:
To request that your property be sprayed for mosquitoes or inspected for breeding in standing water, call 781-585-5450 between the hours of 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM Monday through Friday. You can also Fax requests to 781-582-1276 (include name, address, and phone number). Further information can be found at www.plymouthmosquito.org
- Town Zoning By-laws are available on this website (Zoning By-Laws). The Zoning By-Laws are also available at the Planning Board, Town Hall Annex, 37 Marion Road, Rochester, MA.
- Plymouth County Parking Ticket Payment System -
Payment of outstanding parking violations may be paid by visiting the following web site:
- The Mattapoisett Veterans' Office serves Marion, Mattapoisett, and Rochester, MA, veterans. Contact information is as follows:
- Barry J. Denham, Veterans' Agent
- Paula Butterfield, Secretary
- Address: 16 Main Street, Mattapoisett, MA 02739
- Website: www.mattapoisett.net/Pages/MattapoisettMA_veterans/index
- Phone: 508-758-4100, ext. 212
- Fax: 508 758-3030
- Emergency: 508 326-1522
- Hours: Tues. & Wed: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- The Rochester Highway Department is offering compost bins. Compost bins are $40 each and have a ten-year warranty, an adjustable diameter (26 to 44 inches), height of 32 inches, and are self-aerating. Contact the Rochester Highway Department at 508-763-1991 to order a compost bin.
Rochester GIS Parcel Viewer
View: Rochester GIS Parcel Viewer
The Town of Rochester is pleased to present to the residents and visitors alike, a mapping tool called MapGeo.
This tool enables the user to review any lot in the Town for informational purposes. This site allows the user to view the following attributes: assessor's parcel field card information, water features, topography, land conservation, resource protection areas, wetland location and more. The site offers a basemap and an aerial map (2011).
Lastly, the user can print maps with legends, scales and the information that has been selected.
Links to some help documentation can be found below.
Rochester Board of Assessors – Online Maps – (PDF format)
To view individual town maps, follow these steps:
1) Click this Key Map link to view all of the town's maps on the Key Map.
2) Identify the map number that applies to the area of the town that is of interest.
3) Return to this list of maps & click map number of interest to open that particular map.
Please note that the "Departments" link (on the left) opens a section containing links to 16 town departments. (Clicking on the "Departments" link a second time will close the box).