Please have your trash out on the curb by 7:00 am on Friday. If there is a holiday during the week, trash pick-up will be on Saturday. If you have any questions, please call ABC Disposal Service at (508) 995-0544 or visit their website.
Please have your recycling cart out on the curb by 7:00 am on your designated recycling day. Place all loose recyclables together in your cart with the orange lid. If you have any questions, please call ABC Disposal Service at (508) 995-0544 or visit their website.
Learn more about what can and cannot be recycled at recyclesmartma.org.
Simple Recycling Program *No Longer Available*
We were notified that Simple Recycling has unforunately discontinued their service to the Town of Rochester, citing increases in operating costs as well as having to close an area facility.
Please know the Town is actively looking into other options for textile recycling for residents. Check the website for updates and information and if you have any questions please contact Town Hall.
2022 Transfer Station and Beach Stickers
Rochester residents are now able to purchase the 2022 Marion Transfer Station Stickers and Marion Beach Parking Stickers for the 2022 calendar year. Please note, these are two separate stickers again this year.
- Sticker purchases can be made in person by cash or check only. Please make checks out to: Town of Rochester
- Sticker requests can also be mailed in or left in the drop box at the front of Town Hall - by check only. Mail-in and drop box requests will be completed within a few days of being received in the office.
- Vehicle registrations showing your Rochester address are required for every sticker. Proof of residency will be required if the Rochester address is not on the registration.
- Stickers are available for the Marion Transfer Station located at Benson Brook Road. The cost of the Marion Transfer Station Sticker is $70.00 or $60.00 for seniors 70+/veterans, per vehicle.
- Current Transfer Station hours are Wednesdays and Saturdays from 8:00 am until 3:00 pm. Days and times are subject to change. For questions about hours and items accepted, please call the Transfer Station directly at (508)748-3500.
- Please see the sticker policy for more information.
- The following items will be accepted at the Marion Transfer Station for a fee:
- Televisions and computer monitors - $45.00 per item
- Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, ice makers, water coolers and dehumidifiers - $35.00 per item
- Marion and Rochester residents may purchase individual stickers for the items listed above from the DPW Office at Benson Brook Road during regular business hours.
- Stickers are available for Silvershell Beach in Marion. The Beach/Parking Privilege Sticker is $20.00 per sticker. Residents over 70 years of age will receive ONE beach parking sticker issued at no charge (license required).
- A limited number of Guest Passes will be available. Please inquire regarding details and availability (508-763-3871).
- The Beach/Parking Privilege Sticker is not valid at the Marion Transfer Station at Benson Brook Road
The Rochester Town Barn can be reached at (508) 763-1991.
Note that New Bedford Waste Services, LLC, located at 48 Cranberry Highway, Rochester, will also accept the following items for a fee:
Appliances/white goods, cardboard, carpet, computers, electronics, construction and demolition waste, furniture, glass, light bulbs and fluorescent lamps, pallets, plastics, scrap metal, single stream, wood.
To visit their website, please click HERE.